We want a greener, cleaner world and our sustainable approach has changed the way we use resources. We’ve set Green Goals to conform with our Environmental Policy and these are just some of the ways we are working toward a sustainable future:
- We actively patrol the street and bus stop in front of our properties for litter and encourage our staff to pick up any litter they see.
- We support environmental, sustainable transport by providing bus information to our guests.
- We support environmentally sustainable tourism and have special rates and have negotiated special conditions with local activity providers and attractions for our guests.
In developing and operating our business, all decisions take into consideration our impact on our local environment whilst improving our guest experience. Some examples are:
- 100% energy efficient light-bulbs
- Hotel recycling program
- Only 100% compostable, eco-friendly straws are used in our bar and restaurant
When purchasing equipment, we consider its use and alternatives and purchase the highest energy efficiency possible. We promote a healthy hearty breakfast. We are enthusiastic and committed to being environmentally-conscious, and love learning new ways in which we can make a difference. This is part of our ethos of ‘improving a little every day’.
Some of the initiatives that we have implemented to reduce our carbon footprint include:
- LED lighting and motion sensors to reduce energy consumption
- Waste management plans that prioritise recycling and reduction of single-use plastics.
- ‘Green Team’ meetings to bring all departments together to work on reducing our carbon footprint.
Another way we try to reduce our carbon footprint is by encouraging our staff members and guests to arrive by means of public transportation. Luckily, we’re excellently situated with a Dublin Bus and Aircoach stop right outside our front door and just a short walk from the Abbey/Parnell Luas stops.
Try Something Green
- Finished your book? Leave it for someone else in our Free Library and help yourself to another.
- Bicycle hire is another way to conserve energy and enjoy our beautiful city and there is a depot two minutes’ walk away
- The closest electric car charger is a five-minute walk away
- We aim to support biodiversity, we are currently constructing a bee ‘hotel’ in the garden.
There are so many things to do in Dublin. Here are some Green ideas to inspire you:
We promote Explore hidden Dublin on an electric bike. Ask about Lazy Bike guided tours at reception, bicycle hire, kayaking, archery, Segway tours, GAA sports, treasure hunts, Croke Park tours, climbing, visit Dublin’s parks and beaches, go bird-spotting, look out for wildlife.
Ask about public transport options at reception.Sustainability Statement LESS INFORMATION